5 Day Dog Sledding Deluxe & Yukon Lodge
Prices per person, 5% GST extra. All transactions are in Canadian dollars.
SHOW TOUR ITINERARY
Things you should know
Tours start every Saturday
- Transfer from and to Whitehorse
- Last night accommodations in Whitehorse (1 night)
- Accommodation in cabins ( 3 nights double room)
- All meals including non-alcoholic beverages, except breakfast day 1, dinner day 4, breakfast day 5 in Whitehorse
- Use of personal sled and 3 to 6 Huskies
- Musher Diploma
- Winter Boots included, all other equipment see below
- Pre-night of tour (since tour starts at 10am, we recommend that guests arrive a day prior to tour start) Pre-night costs CAD $ 139.00 +5% GST per night
- Alcoholic beverages (we buy jointly before the tour).
- Winter clothing rental of warm Northern Outfitters Jacket, Pants; $35/item, sleeping bag $45 each, mitts $20. Payable upon arrival in cash or credit card.
- Meals in restaurants (dinner day 4, breakfast day 2 and 5).
- All expenses of personal nature.
- This Dog sledding adventure is a challenging but relaxed fun trip! We supply you with the best equipment possible and teach you all the important aspects of mushing.
- To participate, you must be healthy, enjoy working with dogs and have a good team spirit. Dog sledding is a comparable physical activity to cross-country skiing, so you should be in relatively good physical shape.
- The camps have no power or telephone, showers are of basic gravity fed nature and not available in tent camp. Gravity fed shower and wood heated sauna at Lodge.
- We point out, that unforeseeable circumstances such as weather conditions, wind chill factor, extreme temperatures (-30 or lower), condition of the group or illness of the dogs may force us to change this itinerary. The safety of our guests takes precedence and our decisions are final.
- You will be required to sign a ” release of claims and waiver of liability form” prior to the departure of this tour.
- We strongly suggest that all of our guests consider the purchase of travel insurance for protection against cancellation penalties and many other unforeseeable circumstances such as emergency medical evacuation.
*Note: No Cotton!
- Thermal Underwear- 2 long sleeve shirts and 2 pants
- Fleece Pants and Sweater
- Neck Warmer and Balaclava
- Fleece Hat (Toque) or Fur hat
- Thermal Socks – 4 pairs
- Thin Fleece Gloves – 2 pair
- Head Lamp, With lithium batteries
- Goggles or Sunglasses
- Indoor shoes or slippers
* Items on the above list can be purchased in Whitehorse but make note that near the end of the season some of these Items may be hard to find.
Day tours you can add to your package. All pricing is in Canadian dollars + 5% GST. To book your add-ons, select them in the inquiry form.