- This Dog sledding adventure is a challenging but relaxed fun trip! We supply you with the best equipment possible and teach you all the important aspects of mushing.
- To participate, you must be healthy, enjoy working with dogs and have a good team spirit. Dog sledding is a comparable physical activity to cross-country skiing, so you should be in relatively good physical shape.
- The camps have no power or telephone, showers are of basic gravity fed nature and not available in tent camp. Gravity fed shower and wood heated sauna at Lodge.
- We point out, that unforeseeable circumstances such as weather conditions, wind chill factor, extreme temperatures (-30 or lower), condition of the group or illness of the dogs may force us to change this itinerary. The safety of our guests takes precedence and our decisions are final.
- You will be required to sign a ” release of claims and waiver of liability form” prior to the departure of this tour.
- We strongly suggest that all of our guests consider the purchase of travel insurance for protection against cancellation penalties and many other unforeseeable circumstances such as emergency medical evacuation.
*Note: No Cotton!
- Thermal Underwear- 2 long sleeve shirts and 2 pants
- Fleece Pants and Sweater
- Neck Warmer and Balaclava
- Fleece Hat (Toque) or Fur hat
- Thermal Socks – 4 pairs
- Thin Fleece Gloves – 2 pair
- Head Lamp, With lithium batteries
- Goggles or Sunglasses
- Indoor shoes or slippers
* Items on the above list can be purchased in Whitehorse but make note that near the end of the season some of these Items may be hard to find.