Terms and Conditions
We accept registrations on a first-come-first-served basis. You are encouraged to apply early as we cannot overfill our trips. Upon receipt of your registration form and deposit, we will send you the final details to aid in your preparation.
Standard Terms & Conditions
A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the trip fee is required to hold your reservation.
The balance of the fee is due 31 days prior to the start of the trip. The cancellation fees are as follows:
- Cancellation fee until 30 days before departure 25% of the total amount
- 29 to 15 days before departure 50%,
- 14 to 7 day before departure 75%,
- 6 days before departure and less 100%
Applicable for all bookings.
You can pay your deposit by money transfer to the account of Northern Tales Travel Services Inc. or by Visa or Master Card. Please pay the outstanding balance by Visa/Mastercard or money transfer not later than 31 days prior to the start of your trip. Our prices are quoted in Canadian Dollars excluding GST.
- Should we be forced to change itineraries or locations due to circumstances beyond our control, the new plan will be left to our discretion.
- Though it has never happened before, we reserve the right to cancel a trip up to fourteen (14) days prior to starting date. If we must cancel, a full refund will be made. If this occurs, we will endeavour to meet your needs with another trip at the earliest possible date.
- No matter where you travel in the world, it is possible that conditions beyond anyone’s control may alter your itinerary. If we incur expenses for unexpected logistical arrangements not covered in the printed itinerary, the cost will be evenly divided among the participants. We rarely encounter such a situation, but the policy is an industry “norm” of which we wish to inform you up-front.
- If you require evacuation for any reason, the expense incurred through the evacuation will be borne by the participant(s) evacuated. For this reason, we recommend strongly that you purchase trip cancellation/medical insurance.
- For Children under 12 years of age: Parents are responsible to bring their own appropriate child car seat as required by Canadian Law. We cannot transport children without a proper child car seat. Minimum age for all tours & transfers is 5 years.
- Certain day tours and packages require clients to sign a liability waiver prior to tour start
- Dog sledding requires a basic fitness level and balance. You might have to help the dogs push the sled up some hills. Depending on the snow level or the available dog sled kennel, you might share a sled, have a sled on your own, run on forest trails or river trails. The tours are fully guided, of course.
Any litigation of all involved parties shall be brought solely within the Territory and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Yukon.