5-Day Winter Adventure Tour
Prices per person, 5% GST extra. All transactions are in Canadian dollars.
SHOW TOUR ITINERARY
Things you should know
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse
- All transportation by van as per itinerary
- 4 nights accommodation in a downtown Hotel
- Admission to Yukon Wildlife Preserve
- 4 nights of guided Aurora Viewing
- One half-day Snowmobile Tour (2 person per snowmobile)
- One half-day Dog Mushing Tour (1-2 person per dog sled; depending on conditions)
- Knowledgeable and experienced driver / guide for the duration of the tour
- All taxes fees and licenses
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancellation, emergency medical search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- Average temperatures at this time of winter are between -2° and – 24° Celsius / 28 to -31 degrees Fahrenheit, but extremes may be as low as -45° Celsius / -50 Fahrenheit. We ask you to bring adequate clothing to withstand these temperatures. You may buy winter clothing in Whitehorse or rent a clothing package from Northern Tales Travel.
- This tour has many elements of an expedition and therefore changes in the itinerary due to weather and road conditions are a possibility. Northern Tales Travel explicitly reserves the right to adapt the tour itinerary.
- Canadian law requires that you sign a ‘release of claims and waiver of liability form’ prior to participating on this trip.
- Dog sledding requires a basic fitness level and balance. You might have to help the dogs push the sled up some hills. Depending on the snow level or the available dog sled kennel, you might share a sled, have a sled on your own, run on forest trails or river trails. The tours are fully guided, of course.
Day tours you can add to your package. All pricing is in Canadian dollars + 5% GST. To book your add-ons, select them in the inquiry form.
Winter Clothing Rental
$129 - $149 / per person
* Advance booking required; surcharge for last-minute and same-day bookings
2 NIGHT WINTER CLOTHING RENTAL: $129.00
3 NIGHT WINTER CLOTHING RENTAL: $139.00
4 NIGHT WINTER CLOTHING RENTAL: $149.00
- Winter outerwear pants with inner fleece liner
- Winter outerwear jacket with inner fleece liner
- Winter boots (Sorel Glacier or similar)
- Insulated mitts Insulated headgear / cap