Aurora Borealis From A Cozy Wilderness Cabin
SHOW TOUR ITINERARY
Inclusions & Details
- 2 nights of accommodation in Whitehorse in 3 star hotel (1st and last night)
- 2 nights of cabin accommodation (private cabin)
- All transfers as per itinerary by van including English speaking driver / guide
- Airport transfers, introduction, Aurora viewing and assistance.
- 2 nights of Aurora viewing at Northern Tales Viewing Site (including hot drinks and snacks)
- 2 nights of Aurora Viewing at cabin resort
- Information meeting
- meals at the cabins are not included (on the way to the cabins, we will drive with you to a supermarket so that you can purchase your own groceries)
- Tip for guide
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking.
- Winter Clothing Package
Price for Half Day: $350.00+ 5% GST per person
We will meet you at your cabin and introduce you to the safety of driving a snow machine. After instructions and a trial run with your instructor you’ll be driving your own machine (2 clients sharing on snow mobile) over prepared trails through the incredible winter landscape of the Yukon. Includes instruction, the use of a snow machine (snacks and hot drinks)
Price: CAD $295.00 +5% GST per person
We will meet you at your cabin and give you an introduction to harnessing the dogs and hitching them to the sled. The highlight of this excursion will be when you’ll run your own dog team for approximately 5 hours.
Include: instruction, use of dogs and sled, lunch and hot drinks, trail side fire
Half Day Ice Fishing
Price: CAD $219.00 +5% GST per person (+$10 for fishing licence)
We will meet you at your cabin and bring you out onto the lake to the ideal fishing location. A fire barrel and tent shelter will keep you warm and cozy while you try to catch your dinner for tonight. Fingers crossed that a good size lake trout likes your lure. Includes angling equipment, instruction on how to use snowshoes and on how to fish, blankets, snack and hot drinks.
Total duration: 3-4 hours
WINTER CLOTHING PACKAGE for 4 nights: $ 149.00 CAD + 5% GST per person
- Winter outerwear pants and inner fleece liner, Winter outerwear jacket with inner fleece liner.
- Winter boots (Sorel Glacier or similar), Insulated mitts, Insulated headgear / cap.
- Needs to be booked in advance to ensure availability.
Accommodation is variable and adaptable. There are small, medium and large cabins and the camp is designed with your privacy in mind. We are situated in a remote wilderness setting and at times you may be the only ones there.
All of the cabins include a wood or oil stove for heat, all have propane stoves for cooking and the kitchen is equipped with adequate cookware. An adequate supply of firewood at each cabin. There are permanent propane light fixtures in all the cabins. In summer we have the midnight sun but if you’re planning a winter trip, we recommend you bring a LED headlamp, a personal flashlight and an adequate supply of batteries. A small first aid kit would also be advisable.
Your package includes our transportation in, we will take the time to drive you by one of our grocery, liquor and general merchandise stores so that you can pick up an adequate supply of victuals and supplies for the duration of your stay. Meals are not included while at the cabins (groceries to be paid by the client).
Communication: There is limited Cell service at Fox Bay Retreat. Before heading out we suggest that you determine whether your cell phone service provider works in the Yukon Territory.
All cabin rentals include access to a bathroom/shower house, there are separate rooms in the wash house for men and women. We are literally off-the-grid and generate our own electrical power as required. You will be instructed on how to start the generator to provide power to the washhouse as needed. Drinking water and water for cooking and other such chores is provided. Each cabin has its own private outhouse toilet.
There is a wood heated sauna available at all times on a first-come, first-used basis.
Release of Liability & Waiver of Claims form to be signed at the cabin property
Day tours you can add to your package. All pricing is in Canadian dollars + 5% GST. To book your add-ons, select them in the inquiry form.
Winter Clothing Rental
$129 - $149 / per person
* Advance booking required; surcharge for last-minute and same-day bookings
2 NIGHT WINTER CLOTHING RENTAL: $129.00
3 NIGHT WINTER CLOTHING RENTAL: $139.00
4 NIGHT WINTER CLOTHING RENTAL: $149.00
- Winter outerwear pants with inner fleece liner
- Winter outerwear jacket with inner fleece liner
- Winter boots (Sorel Glacier or similar)
- Insulated mitts Insulated headgear / cap